If you are launching a new product or developing a web presence for your retail store or building a dropshipping business on Shopify, one of the most things to consider when you are trying to effectively get customers interested in your product is how to effectively market your product online. And, one of the most important ways that you can get customers interested in your products is by using different methods of Search Engine Optimization to improve the search engine ranking for your store and help customers find your products.
When many people are looking to buy a product, their search often begins online and with a search engine like Bing or Google. All Search Engines are often built in a way that they can use a variety of information from websites to develop a ranked list of results for a particular search query. These search engines determine which websites have contents that are most likely to be relevant to the search query and then display the results in the order of their relevance.
There are a lot of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) methods that can make your store appear higher in the Search Engine Result Page (SERP). Some of the factors that affect the rank of your store in the Search Engine Result Page (SERP) include;
- The number of natural links (not paid or social media links) that lead to your store from other websites and blogs.
- The authority of the website based on the engagement and other things.
- How old your domain name is.
- The structure of your website and the content that is being optimized for Search engines.
However, if you are still new to the online marketing world, it can prove to be very challenging to be able to do much about that the first three factors mentioned above. It will take some time to be able to develop a reputation for your product’s brand and get other sites to link to your store. It is very important that you plan for the long term when you are using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for your store.
However, in the short term, the simplest way to get more traffic to your online store is to optimize your content so that these search engines will be able to recognize it as a relevant result to queries that are related to your products’ brand.
SHOPIFY BUILT IN SEO FEATURES
Online stores on Shopify often come with built-in SEO and features to help you optimize your store content. These built-in features help you automatically take care of some features like the auto-generated canonical tags that are added to pages to avoid duplicate content from appearing in search results. This feature also helps you to automatically generate your website’s sitemap.xml and robots.txt, and the themes automatically generate title tags that have your store’s name.
Social media linking and sharing options often require themes in order to make it easier to effectively market your products. These built-in features enable you to optimize your store’s content by;
- Allowing you to be able to edit the Meta descriptions, collections, and products, URLs for blog posts, title tags and web pages.
- And enables you to edit the alt text for images.
HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SHOPIFY SEO
- USE SETUP RECOMMENDED TOOL
- Setup Google Analytics
- Setup Google Search Console
- GOOGLE SEARCH CONSOLE
- Submit your sitemap to Google via the Search Console account that you have created. The built-in SEO features in Shopify stores will help you automatically generate a sitemap file which lists your store’s individual pages. This sitemap file will notify Google and other search engines about the organization of your site.
- Use Google Search Console to look for any crawling errors. Search engines often index websites through bots that “crawl” the websites and its pages. However, if a bot attempts to reach a specific page but is unable to reach it, a crawling error occurs. It is very important that you try to fix any errors immediately you are notified of these errors.
- KEYWORD RESEARCH
- Make use of Google’s Keyword Planner to find out the search volume of keywords and determine great ideas for keywords. It is a very good idea to make use of Google’s own Keyword Planner. The search volumes are used to show the number of monthly searches for specific keywords.
- Map keywords to content types. All the pages on your site including the categories, blog posts, homepage, and your product pages can rank for different keywords. Researching keywords will allow you to know what pages you should create in the first place. This is why it is possible that some of your web pages can searches for information while others can target keywords with a lower search volume but indicating intent to purchase products.
DEVELOP A LINK BUILDING STRATEGY
Google and other search engines often use the quality, relevancy, and the number of links to a certain page or website as a factor to rank the website.
ANALYZE YOUR COMPETITORS EARNED LINKS AND MENTIONS
TRY TO FIND WAYS TO GET PRESS MENTIONS
If your website is already gaining some recognition online, you can try to use a brand monitoring tool to look for unlinked mentions of your store or brands on other websites and when you receive a notification, you can find a way to get the writer or publication to add a link.
It is very important that you start planning a basic content marketing strategy in order to effectively market your products to your customers. You should build and execute a full-fledged content marketing strategy even if it takes you a couple of months. A great content marketing strategy will help your customers to get more value out of your products. Great content will be able to provide your customers with information about your products that do not understand before. Focus on quality content just like you would for your influencer marketing